Redemption of a Theory




COME

theory is just theory

like the words we wield each day

but the moment that I own it

it’s my movement shows the way


the theory of a husband

clashes with  the theory of a wife

as unmet expectations stab

at the theory of good life


the theory of a father

fights the theory of a mom

as the theory of a home is crushed

before the kids first freshman prom


the theory of a friend

shows a theory of new hope

but then again

comes to an end

on theory’s winding slope


the theory of a God

meets

the moment of the cross

and suddenly

my hands are free

and theory’s chains are lost


there is no human theory

of such a selfless grace

that caused our God

to drop his rod

and submit to take our place


so though each day brings trials

and though I often fall

moment by moment i own it

as I listen to his call


theory is just theory

like the fight to just be right

but the prince of peace

meets me on my knees

and theory fades to light



~matt francis 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS MORTAL GAME OF THRONES

The Maker’s Me

Fecal Fortress, Poem by, Matt Francis