The Maker’s Me

 


Model: @EllieHrin  Photo By: @MattFrancis7

The Maker’s Me

Am i the only one

that wakes up to me

The me that i see 

i don’t want to be


No matter how far I run

Or where I hide

can't shake this me

That haunts me inside


It’s a me with new wrinkles

It’s a me with such shame

It’s a me that can’t see

Any worth in my name


I am what i eat

As i chew on such lies

I feast on the beast

That stares in these eyes


Where did me go

The one that i liked

The one who had fun

Full of hope and delight


Did i drown him in crap

These mistakes that i made

It’s the shit that just sits

As i hide in the shade


Covered in darkness

This me wants to stare

At a past that won’t last

Yet it holds me right there


There


Where is there

this quicksand of death

How did i arrive

And is this my last breath


With this last breath

I choose to hold

To a voice i can’t see

But who’s call is so bold


Where did it come from

This voice growing loud

How did it see me

Out here in this cloud


Suddenly a single word

Pulls me into the light

A word not deserved

But full of delight


How could he mean me

With this word full of care

Full of hope and such love

That it drowns my despair


He simply says 

COME

Over and over again

He acts like he knows me

He acts like a friend


I make a step towards him

As light fills the space

No mistakes can hold weight

His eyes filled with grace


My maker made me

The one i can’t see

Yet his reflection is where

That me seems to be


Inside his presence

My me

seems to thrive

Cause my maker never meant

For me just to survive


He offers his son

A king’s ransom in blood

A friend in the pain

My lift from this mud


he draws me close

To his fatherly frame

My me forever changed

When he whispers my name


.....

Matt Francis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS MORTAL GAME OF THRONES

Fecal Fortress, Poem by, Matt Francis