Jedi Mom


JEDI MOM

my mom could beat your mom
in a race to the moon
she could stride without pride
as she got there by noon

my mom is a mansion
a house with four rooms
one for hugs one for waiting
one for dreams one for wounds

she's a master of band-aids
a Jedi with tears
every night she would fight
just to conquer my fears

my mom could beat your mom
in a dance on TV
she’s got moves that she’d use
to win just for me

she’s a lesson in love
and how not to spit
she tries to play ball
though she can’t really hit

my mom’s my best friend
even though she's a she
she is strong in ways 
that i hope to be 

my mom could beat your mom
in an art competition
even though she would say
that’s not really the mission

my mom knows God
they chat every day
he seems really cool
in what he would say

my mom thinks i
am as strong as an ox
she does not see 
this fear in me
that keeps me in this box

though my mom could beat your mom
in almost anything
she would choose just to loose
because that’s her thing

no trophies in comparing
she would say with a grin
even though I know 
what it feels like to win

though I do like your mom
she’s nice I can see
there’s no doubt in my mind
my mom’s made just for me

.......
matt francis

Happy Mother’s Day Patti Francis
"Helpmates Through it all!"


Love you more than Disney World!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS MORTAL GAME OF THRONES

The Maker’s Me

Fecal Fortress, Poem by, Matt Francis