Unexpected Victory

down to earth i plummet

forbidden sand trap of the mind

just as i reach the summit

of hope and treasures yet to find
~
silly simple moments

give way to tearing claws

the beast now in the bedroom

my heart held in his paws
~
i tear at him with bloody knuckles

i tear at him with hate

i lay my life before him now

i do not hesitate
~
to offer myself a sacrifice

for my brother's pain

the offer was refused once more

this beast he will remain
~
he now has found a boulevard

straight through our shining hearts

the trip just takes a second

lives now torn apart
~
he smiles at me 
through smoke filled eyes

his teeth are set to strike

he tears at flesh
with twisting thighs

he cuts away at life
~
fear sets in on brother now
 the days seem short and thin

the beast with shroud
 now joined the crowd
just offers me a grin
~
death where is thy victory

joy where is thy song

the sound of “God with us”

seems silent all night long
~
i now know the meaning

of Jesus at the cross

my brother washed in precious blood

to me is too much cost
~
brother closed his eyes today

and took his final bow

the curtain fell in a violent way

~
God where are you now
~
i see the beast
with bloody lip

his breath will not subside

one final strike
he takes a sip

 and brother’s body dies
~
claws retract

i don’t react

the beast just walks in stride

a single song

sung all night long

in Christ I will abide
~
death where is thy victory

 joy where is thy song

the sound of Jason singing

tells the beast there’s something wrong
~
sing Jason sing

with victory in hand

by killing you the beast will die

his life a shifting sand
~
dance Jason dance

no longer body bound

this victory
 though different

has a resonating sound
~
selfishly I’ll miss you

there beyond the moon

 be ridiculous with Jesus

we’ll be together soon
...

To: Jason
 Lee Francis
From: Matt Francis

“His Biggest Fan!”

Comments

  1. Very beautiful poem Matt. I know this is late but I am so sorry for you loosing Jason. I really enjoyed knowing him in high school and i loved watching him act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Lee Senior seems so long ago! Never too late. Means the world that you would take the time to reachout!

      Delete
  2. No words. I'll miss him always. You'll always be family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THIS MORTAL GAME OF THRONES

The Maker’s Me

Fecal Fortress, Poem by, Matt Francis