Toast to The Man with Freckled hands



heres to the man with freckled hands
and laughter like a song

heres to the house of the rising sun
turned out that I was wrong

that face and stride so full of pride
that voice and huge embrace

has all but gone yet lingers on
in the features of my face

i thought that I could do this
i thought that out of grace 
i thought and thought 
yet life is not
with out an empty space

there's a vacuum in that dial tone
a number with a name
to hear him on the other end
would settle all my shame

i miss you dad
more than I can bear
though time keeps slipping through
these echoed halls
and vibrant walls 
are hollow without you

so heres to the man with freckled hands
and a legacy of love

may your life
with all it's strife
bring glory to God above

heres to the one that I called dad
while walking in this skin

heres to that heart of gold
and life so bold
my dreamer and my friend

.......
matt francis


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS MORTAL GAME OF THRONES

The Maker’s Me

Fecal Fortress, Poem by, Matt Francis