RIP brother


For The Love Of Jason


rest In peace...
do we know what that means
so quick to the tongue
though it shatters our dreams

this stabbing loss proves
that love took place
yet moment by moment
I’ve lost all my grace

please don’t share
what you think up there
that platform you judge from
though you swear that you care

I sit in silence
I stand for hope
yet I feel my time
has missed it’s boat

a ship that bends
on the narrows of choice
yet this silence reminds me
he can’t share his voice

now i'm tossing
on the winds of change
his absence a hole
that whispers my name

there is a light
a narrow beam
that holds my gaze
as I fight and scheme

this light as bright
as I fuel it to be
the I in him
and him in me

God came to me
the night brother died
he pulled back the pain
and touched me inside

he said he was witness
to his own son's death
nailed to a cross
that robbed him of breath

and as the blood flowed
from his perfect son
he held to his choice
and what he’d begun

I watched my son die
he said with a grin
and I love Jason so much
that I’d do it again


......
matt Francis 

Here's to the light and legacy
of my beautiful brother

Jason Lee Francis
1972-2010




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS MORTAL GAME OF THRONES

The Maker’s Me

Fecal Fortress, Poem by, Matt Francis