scabs of hope



Scabs Of Hope


hope is a tree 

that died in me

somewhere along the way


withering winds 

slowly set in

and blew all her branches away


her trunk now a lump 

for people to dump

insults that easily flow


grace is a place 

i need to embrace

as life lands it’s menacing blows


rewind of my mind 

replays all the time

the failures that got me to now


yet a call that seems small 

begins to drown all

the lies that are rotting somehow


this moment i own it 

and who will condone it

as blame tries to burn through my skin


seeking me by my tree 

my heart slows it’s bleed

as God’s love washes over my sin


it’s not a pass for my past 

to continue to last

as i kneel at the end of me


it’s a begin and an end 

with my new found friend

hope in him 

holds a much stronger tree



...

matt Francis 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS MORTAL GAME OF THRONES

The Maker’s Me

Fecal Fortress, Poem by, Matt Francis