Death and Dimples




Last Impressions 

if i die before i wake
i'll hold your hand
for old time sake

i'll kiss the ground
salute the sun
cling to ash
till eternity comes

we're on a role
in this fish bowl
fed by the lie
that we have control

and yet I wake
i reach
i scream
as if my life
could mean a thing

so where does it end
nobody knows
the lie that we feed
is the thought that takes hold

yet who is he 
who hears our cry
takes hold of our hurt
and dissolves the lie

seems he is me
without all the shame
despite my mistakes
he still calls my name

purpose is there
i reap what i eat
fine wine on the vine
or crumbs off the street

this is the day
the now of my skin
the moment where choice
could save me again

he is the vine
we are vignettes 
inside of his grace
there are no regrets

...
matt francis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS MORTAL GAME OF THRONES

The Maker’s Me

Fecal Fortress, Poem by, Matt Francis