Painful Path Relentless Purpose




what happens in a moment

affects our spiraling days


days that turn to lifetimes

in insignificant ways


thoughts that seemed important

formed on words to hide their shape


prove my heart will cease its rhythm

if i allow them to escape


so i’ll say what keeps me safe

behind this wall now made of tears


made of fire and the hope i lost

as we compromised the years


i’ll say just enough

to avoid your subtle wrath


i’ll turn my back

and not look back

as i seek a hidden path


a path that has no light in sight

a path that narrows still


a path that hides me from your stare

far from expectations will


i’m headed now to him

to the maker of my skin


to the one who called me son

before I met him as my friend 


the one who calls my name

though I want to hide my face


i lift my eyes to his light now bright

from his overwhelming grace


grace that sees my darkened past

grace that knows my shame


grace that defies

my human eyes

as he echos out my name


come my son

we’ve only just begun

to share this eternal ride


take shelter here

as i dissolve the fear

and teach you to abide


we take a turn

back to all i burned

as we fought throughout the years


suddenly i see

through him in me

he is using all our tears


he is molding our mistakes

he is shaping all the loss


his truth uproots

the lies we held

as he nails them to the cross


he reveals purpose in 

the spiraling path

of our insignificant fire


and with a single phrase

he ignites his blaze

of significant desire


...

matt francis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS MORTAL GAME OF THRONES

The Maker’s Me

Fecal Fortress, Poem by, Matt Francis