Today I Met an Effort


Today I Met An Effort

today I met an effort

she asked to come inside

i held her from my gaze 

as i tried run and  hide


nock nock nocking

at my door that effort stood

why’re you here

i whispered in fear

while peaking through my hood


i'm here to see you through

all the mistakes that you've made

all the silly pride

that  burns inside

and affects how you behave


i'm here to bring you hope

in the truths that set you free

the truth of who you really are

the truth of who sent me


your too late i said

while shaking my head

i can’t see through all this shame

my hope a tree 

that died in me

buried beneath this blame


no more lies she said

in a commanding tone

as she gently touched my face

this prison you keep

is not your home

as i was invited to her embrace


you are a new creation

each day you rise from sleep

made in your maker’s image

his love for you is deep


come and meet your worth

her arms now open wide

i was sent here by our papa

to dissolve that fear you hide


though the journey is eternal

this moment matters most

so I stepped into her arms

away from all my ghosts


she embraced me with a warmth

i have never known before

an acceptance and a peace

that knocked me to the floor


what is this I said

while cradling my head

and tears began to flow

that’s our papa you feel

revealing his will

he just wanted you to know


you are his child

in whom he’s well pleased

Despite this shame

that crushes your knees


he made you like this

every freckle and scar

though stuck in this ditch

you have traveled so far


he wants you to know

he’s been there through it all

all the tears and the dreams

that you threw at the wall


there’s nothing you can do

to earn such grace

you are his beloved

right here in this space


just then the effort stood

and took a step towards the door

come with me

and you will see

like you've never seen before


it’s all too much i said

my feat made of lead

the road is full of pain

being a victim is safe

right here in this space

where no one knows my name


she looked at me with gentle eyes

as she began to pack and prep

though the journey is long

she said with a song

all that matters is your next step





~matt francis




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS MORTAL GAME OF THRONES

The Maker’s Me

Fecal Fortress, Poem by, Matt Francis